Ministers to the Sick are Eucharistic Ministers of Holy Communion who are specially trained to visit those who are in the hospital, an assisted living facility or homeward. A Minister to the Sick ensures that parishioners who are unable to attend Mass due to illness or infirmity can receive a pastoral visit and Holy Communion. Special ministers are sent forth from the Mass to take Eucharist, scripture, and parish news to private homes, hospitals, hospices and assisted living homes located within parish boundaries. You must receive training and be a commissioned Eucharist Minister at HNJ. If you are interested in getting involved or for more information, please contact Amy Rouzer, 321-773-2783, x112, [email protected].
- Holmes Medical Center-If you are going into Holmes Medical Center hospital and wish to be visited by a Minister of the Sick from HNJ and receive Holy Communion, please remember at Admissions to register as a HNJ parishioner and let them know that you do want to receive church visitation. If for some reason you do not receive visitation, your name still may not be put on the census list. If this happens, the family should contact either the hospital Admission’s department or Amy Rouzer so that we can make sure your name is added to our visitation census.
- Other Hospitals-If you are planning to go to a hospital other than Holmes and wish to receive church visitation, please contact Amy Rouzer.
- Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility-If you are in a nursing home or assisted living facility, short-time or long-term, and wish to receive church visitation, please contact Amy Rouzer.
- Home Bound-If you are home bound either for a short-time or long-term and wish to receive church visitation, please contact Amy Rouzer.
Are you an EMHC and would like to distribute the Eucharist to a family member?
- Please contact Amy Rouzer at 321-773-2783, x112, [email protected]