Here are " Eight Ways to Encourage Vocations":
1. Be faith-filled people. Pray for guidance in decisions, and seek to deepen your relationship with God.
2. Let Christian values guide you. Be generous and of service to others.
3. Pray. Let the children see you pray and pray with them in ordinary and extraordinary circumstances.
4. Share faith. Talk with children about how faith affects your life.
5. Make and demand sacrifice. Help children see both by example and by what you expect of them that a holy and happy life involves sacrifice.
6. Stay in touch. Get to know priests and religious by interacting with them as opportunities arise so that you are comfortable with them and understand their commitment.
7. Educate. Teach children you know about the option of a call to religious life or priesthood as well as the call to marriage or single life.
8. Support. If a child or young adult speaks of a desire to be a priest, deacon, brother or sister, be supportive.
If you would like more information regarding Vocations, please visit http://vocations.orlandodiocese.org/