Heart Out to Haiti
The Hearts Out To Haiti Mission has been in existence since 1999 supporting three parishes in Les Palmes, Morne a Chandelle and Durissy. The following are some of the accomplishments of the Mission:
- Provided yearly salaries for 150 teachers through the Adopt a Teacher Program
- Provided on-going educational and computer training for teachers
- Constructed the 10 room – 2 story Fr. Bruny High School in Les Palmes
- Installed a computer lab supporting over 15 laptop computers in Les Palmes
- Constructed a Kindergarten at St. Michel’s in Morne a Chandelle
- Constructed a bridge in Durissy
- Constructed 3 outdoor toilets in Les Palmes and Morne a Chandelle
- Constructed a cistern in Les Palmes
- Constructed two-bedroom rectory and cistern in Morne a Chandelle
- Distributed over 1,000 New Testament Creole Bible and over 10,000 Rosaries to school children
- Conduct yearly Vacation Bible School Programs for 1100 children
Currently our mission is to support the communities of the parishes in Les Palmes and Durissy, Haiti through evangelization, education and empowerment; we help support the salaries of 114 teachers.
In carrying out our mission we will abide by the following core values:
- We will be guided by the Holy Spirit in all our actions
- We will respect the culture of our Haitian brothers and sisters and listen to their voices
- We will seek mutual trust through honest communication in all our dealings
- We will focus on community rather than individual needs
- As custodians of donated funds we will operate with full accountability and transparency
100% of your donation will be allocated to the mission and support work in our sponsored villages of Les Palmes and Durissy.
- $420-Provides salary for a teacher in Haiti (or $35 a month for 12 months).
- $40-Allows a Haitian teacher to participate in a teacher training day
- $20-Provides school books for one child in Haiti.
- $5-Provides supplies for annual Vacation Bible School.
- $2.50-Provides one place setting consisting of a metal plate, cup and spoon.
- $1-Provides medicine to fight parasites for a child.
Please download and complete the Donate Form and mail it with your check. Please make check payable to: "Holy Name of Jesus", and in the memo line specify "Hearts Out to Haiti". Mail to: Holy Name of Jesus Parish, Hearts Out to Haiti Ministry, 3050 N. Highway A1A, Indialantic, FL 32903
School Supplies: If you would like to contribute items, please deliver any of the following school supplies to the Church Foyer/Welcome Center and place in the Service & Outreach Cabinets. Please make sure items are marked for Hearts Out to Haiti. We are always in need of: Pencils, Pencil Erasers, Pencil Sharpeners, Pens (Black, Blue or Red), White Chalk, Chalk Erasers, Rulers, Scissors and Solar Calculators
Hearts Out to Haiti is a ministry within Holy Name of Jesus (HNJ) Parish which is a qualified 501(C)(3) tax-exempt organization and donations are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law. No goods or services were provided for this gift. Please consult your tax advisor regarding specific questions about your deductions.
Our organization relies heavily on the goodness of the community around us. Our “gatherers” make requests of area businesses and organizations for donations of supplies and other materials. If you are interested in supporting the gathering team, please email Tim Muth – email@example.com to receive the latest list of needs.
Support Our Sponsors
|Ace Hardware - Indialantic
Ace Hardware - Satellite Beach
Amy Addington, DDS
Anthony W. Ware, MD
Beachside Performance & Health Studio
Beverly Rose, DMD PA
Brevard Optometry Assoc.
Bizzarro's Pizza - 5th Ave. Indialantic
Cancer Care Center of Brevard
Cardiology Assoc. of Central Brevard
Cedric Chenet, DDS PA
|Cogswells & Company
Dogspot Hotel, LLC
Great Scott Dog Training
Lee N. Sheldon, DMD PA
Lexi leMartini Bar
Longdoggers - Indialantic
Man Overboard Bait and Tackle
Mushatt's No 9
|Office Depot - Indialantic
Paul C Durney, DPM
People's Physical Therapy, Inc.
Physical Addictions, Inc.
Peg's Laun-Dri Room - Indialantic
Solutions for Growth
Sorensen Moving & Storage
Surfside Urgent Care
Timothy Lang, DDS MD PA
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Haiti Field Team Leader: Tim Muth – Responsibilities: Manage Haiti trips, accountability of funds in Haiti, Priest/Archbishop liaison, needs assessment, trip volunteer recruitment and speaking engagements.
Treasurer: Margaret Marcotte – Responsibilities: Track income/expenses, reconcile bank statements, electronic bank transfers and interact with HNJ accounting.
Administration: Tricia Greenleaf
Sign-up for Newsletter