Holy Name of Jesus Catholic School
HNJ Catholic School has been successfully educating children for over 50 years by providing students with a foundation of academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. At HNJ, we've seen how the intellectual growth of our students has contributed to their academic success but moreover, they've acquired a deeper understanding of their place in the world through compassionate service and living by the tenets of our faith.
Our goal for the school is to continue to advance technologically as students embrace computers and tablets as their primary learning, research, and writing tools. But the importance of dedicated teachers remains steadfast. They inspire excellence in our students as they lead and live by the Christian values that they teach. Pope Francis spoke about teachers saying, "In order to educate you must go out of yourselves and be amidst the young, accompanying them in the stages of their growth, standing beside them." Our dedicated teachers do exactly that. It is our responsibility as a Catholic School to develop the whole person and nurture the individual so every child can grow in his/her spirituality, and emotional and intellectual capacity.
HNJ students continually perform well above the national average on the IOWA Test of Basic Skills in core subject areas. In addition, we excel in a variety of academic competitions including science, math, writing, and art. I am proud of our 8th grade student graduates and the responsible young men and women that they've become. They are well prepared for the rigors of high school.
We look forward to the school year and the positive changes that it will bring. Our students will experience educational field trips, a variety of electives and enrichment courses to develop new skills. May God bless our special school community and every child who our families entrust to our loving care.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the School Office at 321-773-1630.
- Rev. Scott Circe, Pastor
- Kathleen Falk, Principal
- Karen Laird, Office Manager
- Nancy Easton, Office Assistant
- Shelly Ange, Pre-K 3 Teacher
- Jennifer Carney, VPK Teacher
- Mary Mackiewicz, VPK Aide
- Jennifer Keller, VPK Teacher
- Nancy Yassa, VPK Aide
- Suzanne Siebert, Kindergarten Teacher
- Apple Rowlette, Kindergarten Aide
- Janet McCauley, 1st Grade Teacher
- Jane Burley, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Darlene McBride, 2nd Grade Aide
- Kathi Arms, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Holly Katrina, 4th Grade Teacher
- Gabriel Lynch, 5th Grade Teacher
- Lynn Minner, Middle School Math 5-8th
- Mary MacDonald, Middle School Advanced Math Teacher
- Kathi Landers, 6th Grade Religion & S.S./Spanish
- Windy Morbitzer, 7th Grade 5-8th Science/7 & 8 S.S.
- Bernice Eclipse-Brown, 8th Grade ELA Middle School
- Joyce Wilkins, Art Teacher
- Cleusa Van Dorth, Music Teacher
- Susan Asunmaa, Special Services Director
- Marion Ambrose, Discovery Lab
- Charlton LaBelle, Resource Specialist
- Chris Huff, Physical Education Instructor
- Patricia Aylward RN, BSN, MSN, Nurse
Office Hours7:30 am-3:30 pm
School Hours7:45 am-3:15 pm