Become a Volunteer
The opportunities below are just a few of the ways in which you can help HNJ School:
- Attend the HNJ Catholic School Home & School Organization and School Board meetings
- Help the School Office with outreach efforts in your neighborhood or by volunteering on specific projects in the office
- Attend athletic events and volunteer in the concession stand during home games
- Support teachers in their classrooms by volunteering your time and talents
- Make a special presentation to students in an area of interest to you
- Parents are required to fulfill 25 hours of volunteer time for the Home & School Organization and 6-hours at the Annual Beachside Fall Festival. For a complete listing of what is available, please see the Home & School Organization Volunteer Contract.
Support the School Fund
Give to the best of your ability every year. There are several ways to support this key fund:
• Consider making a monthly gift using the donation envelopes you receive from the parish: many people, including the majority of our faculty members, give on a monthly basis - either by check or credit card.
• Make a gift(s) by credit card by phoning or mailing in the information.
• Make a gift online via Paypal:
If applicable, please specify a category i.e.: Financial assistance, technology, instructional/student programs, school wish list, athletics program, endowment, etc.
Support our School's Annual Events & Activities
The Joe Lamers Golf Tournament: The Knights of Columbus have organized a Fall golf tournament to honor the memory of Joe Lamers. A man loved and missed by many, gave of himself over the years to everyone he met. In the past two years the tournament has raised $31,000 and $23,000, to benefit the technology and students at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic School.
Please consider a gift of kind or sponsorship for this event; we will have your business name displayed on the course, in the clubhouse, our website, school newsletter, in our bulletin, which is read by 4,000 families and listed on a poster by entrance to church.
**Also please sign up to play golf to honor our friend, brother, instructor and his family.
Annual Beachside Festival: Our annual Beachside Festival has been the longest running event on the South Beaches. It's a true community celebration for young and old alike. Join us for great food, lively music and a number of exciting rides and games for all ages. Info about volunteering or becoming a sponsor, call Bob MacDonald at 321-243-6893.
Booster Club: Our mission is to:
- assist all athletics at HNJ
- provide one voice to the community in requesting its support
- assist in the maintenance of our athletic facilities
- generate enthusiasm for our school teams and leagues
- promote Christian Athletics
Participate in the SCRIP Program
Scrip fundraising gift cards are the same gift cards you would normally purchase from a retailer in your local stores or online. 50% of the revenue created by the SCRIP program goes to HNJ for general school use and 50% of the revenue goes directly to your tuition account where you will receive a credit on next year's tuition bill.
To Register for Scrip:
Go to www.shopwithscrip.com and click Create Account in the Family Sign Up box on the left. To sign up for electronic payments, create a Presto Pay account by going to the 'My Account' page.
HNJ Enrollment Code: ED1CE3145774
New accounts click on the green Family Sign Up box on the left and click Create Account.
Give generously to Capital Initiatives
- Capital and Endowment gifts help HNJ Catholic School achieve its strategic objectives.
- Typically, capital gifts fund the school's major renovations to existing structures and build the new facilities needed to remain competitive.
- Gifts of property can also be used to make a capital gift. There are tax advantages to doing so in some cases.
Consider making a bequest or other planned gift to HNJ Catholic School
Planned gifts are the best single means of helping the school's endowment to grow.
A bequest is the most common planned gift. It is usually simple and inexpensive to arrange.
Some planned gifts provide income for the donor (and/or a loved one) during his/her life and, later, a gift that will help the school.
Certain planned gifts provide significant tax advantages to the donor.
The school has an experienced and discrete Development Director who works with prospective donors confidentially.