Holy Name of Jesus Catholic School
HNJ Catholic School has been successfully educating children for over 50 years by providing students with a foundation of academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. At HNJ, we've seen how the intellectual growth of our students has contributed to their academic success but moreover, they've acquired a deeper understanding of their place in the world through compassionate service and living by the tenets of our faith.
Our goal for the school is to continue to advance technologically as students embrace computers and tablets as their primary learning, research, and writing tools. But the importance of dedicated teachers remains steadfast. They inspire excellence in our students as they lead and live by the Christian values that they teach. Pope Francis spoke about teachers saying, "In order to educate you must go out of yourselves and be amidst the young, accompanying them in the stages of their growth, standing beside them." Our dedicated teachers do exactly that. It is our responsibility as a Catholic School to develop the whole person and nurture the individual so every child can grow in his/her spirituality, and emotional and intellectual capacity.
HNJ students continually perform well above the national average on the IOWA Test of Basic Skills in core subject areas. In addition, we excel in a variety of academic competitions including science, math, writing, and art. I am proud of our 8th grade student graduates and the responsible young men and women that they've become. They are well prepared for the rigors of high school.
We look forward to the school year and the positive changes that it will bring. Our students will experience educational field trips, a variety of electives and enrichment courses to develop new skills. May God bless our special school community and every child who our families entrust to our loving care.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the School Office at 321-773-1630.
- Kathleen Falk, Principal
- Karen Laird, Office Manager
- Nancy Easton, Office Assistant
- Mary Mackiewicz, PreK3 Teacher
- Elizabeth Deschenes, VPK Teacher
- Jennifer Keller, VPK Teacher
- Shelly Ange, VPK Teaching Assistant
- Nancy Yassa, VPK Teaching Assistant
- Janet McCauley, Kindergarten Teacher
- Jane Burley, 1st Grade Teacher
- Suzanne Siebert, 2nd Grade Teacher
- Kathi Arms, 3rd Grade Teacher
- Jan Mackay, 4th Grade Teacher
- Lynn Minner, 5th Grade Teacher
- Beth Hamby, 6th Grade Teacher
- Ashlea Robinson, 7th Grade Teacher
- Diane Buckalew, 8th Grade Teacher
- Mary MacDonald, Middle School Math Teacher
- Gretchen Wirshing-Solar, Spanish/Athletic Director
- Paula Campbell, Physical Education Instructor
- Joyce Wilkins, Art Teacher
- Carl Sterling, Information Technology Specialist
- Susan Asunmaa, Special Services Director
- Charlton LaBelle, K.I.T.E. (Kids Inspired Through Enrichment) Program Coordinator
- Regina Taylor, Guidance Director
- Jean Cusick RN, Clinic
Office Hours8:00 am-4:00 pm
School Hours7:45 am-3:15 pm