Pope Benedict XVI's Quote on Stewardship
"The promotion of the practice of stewardship is
important for the mission of the Church and for the spiritual well-being of each
individual Christian. Everyone benefits from the sacrificial gift one makes of
his time, talent and treasure. Therefore, please accept my encouragement for
your efforts and my prayers that your upcoming conference will be a stimulus to
the practice of stewardship in the Church."
|His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI|
"The promotion of the practice of stewardship is important for the mission of the Church and for the spiritual well-being of each individual Christian. Everyone benefits from the sacrificial gift one makes of his time, talent and treasure. Therefore, please accept my encouragement for your efforts and my prayers that your upcoming conference will be a stimulus to the practice of stewardship in the Church." --Pope Benedict XVI
HNJ's Philosophy of Education—To help students of all ages grow in their awareness of God...to accept and appreciate their neighbors, and to gain knowledge/understanding. Our greatest challenge and responsibility as Christians is to assure that all who seek to learn our Faith, Scripture and Liturgy are taught with sensitivity for Christian values and morality, while preserving the individual identity and creativity of each student. Our responsibility extends beyond the elementary level. We must provide youth and adult enrichment programs to meet the needs of all. We strive to instill in our students, Catholic attitudes and values, in an atmosphere of love and encouragement. The HNJ Education Endowment Fund is but another step in this much needed direction.
HNJ Education Endowment Development Committee Mission Statement—We, the HNJ Education Endowment Development Committee, have the mission of raising endowment funds for Catholic Education at HNJ (Religious Education, HNJ School, and Parish Library). This function is achieved through providing information, building awareness, soliciting donations and coordinating with other parish fund raising activities. The Education Endowment Trustees have the mission, due to their membership or educational committees, to be responsible for directing and controlling the use of the Endowment Fund. This is achieved with the help of a sub-committee of financial advisors.
Education Endowment Fund—In 1991, HNJ's Education Endowment Fund was created to support quality, religious education at HNJ School. The concept of Education Endowment is very simple; a pool of money is accumulated in a fund where the principal amount remains intact and only the interest may be spent. For example, a million-dollar endowment at 10% would earn $100,000 for that year's current operations. Revenue from interest would be designated to offset tuition increases, or other important projects. In this way endowment funds add to the institutions financial stability in good years and bad, helping to assure an institution's viability. The money produced from HNJ's Education Endowment Fund by way of investments is used to enrich our parish catholic education by way of:
- The Parish Library—used on regular basis by 70-100 families
- Religious Instruction—providing weekly instruction to 700 public school children
- Adult Religious Education—providing enrichment to 500 adult parishioners
- The HNJ Parish School—founded in 1964 has provided catholic values to hundreds of 3 & 4 year olds through 8th grade, every year for the past 43 years
How Can You Give to the Endowment Fund?—The Education Endowment fund is a powerful way to contribute to the handing down of our Catholic Heritage to future generations and can be done various ways:
- Cash, check or credit card
- Your Will—Our legal title is: Most Reverent John Noonan, as Bishop of the Diocese of Orlando, his successors in Office and assigns, a corporation sole. For use by Holy Name of Jesus, Indialantic 32903
- Charitable Gift Annuity—provides immediate tax savings and a fixed income stream for life and minimizes or defers capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated securities.
- Mass Cards for Bereaved and the Living—Give tribute to a loved one by having them remembered at Masses on all Holy Days by purchasing a leather-bound Mass Card for $25 (and above) or an manila card for $5 (or above). These can be purchased at the Parish Office.
- Vigil Candles—adjacent to the outdoor bronze statue of Mary, Mother of God, located in the alcove on the north exterior wall of the Church. Candles may be lit continuously for several months or a year as a memorial to a departed loved one or in thanksgiving for a wedding anniversary, etc. A small plaque bearing the name of the person memorialized will be placed at each candle. Cost—6 months: $100; 1 year: $150. Make arrangements at the Parish Office.
- In lieu of funeral flowers etc., have donation made to HNJ Education Fund
- Stocks, bonds, mutual funds
- Living Trusts
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance
Page 2 of 2