Here are " Eight Ways to Encourage Vocations":
- Be faith-filled people. Pray for guidance in decisions, and seek to deepen your relationship with God.
- Let Christian values guide you. Be generous and of service to others.
- Pray. Let the children see you pray and pray with them in ordinary and extraordinary circumstances.
- Share faith. Talk with children about how faith affects your life.
- Make and demand sacrifice. Help children see both by example and by what you expect of them that a holy and happy life involves sacrifice.
- Stay in touch. Get to know priests and religious by interacting with them as opportunities arise so that you are comfortable with them and understand their commitment.
- Educate. Teach children you know about the option of a call to religious life or priesthood as well as the call to marriage or single life.
- Support. If a child or young adult speaks of a desire to be a priest, deacon, brother or sister, be supportive.
If you would like more information regarding Vocations, please visit http://vocations.orlandodiocese.org/