Marriage Support Ministry
- Marriage Preparation—FOCCUS is an inventory of 150 questions in 15 different categories e.g. communication, finances, marriage as a covenant, spirituality to determine an engaged couples compatibility on these issues and to establish a good foundation for the Sacrament of Marriage.
Marriage Enrichment—Programs designed to enrich, support and strengthen marriages, including:
- RE-FOCCUS—Is an inventory of probing questions for an existing marriage to be used as an enrichment tool for discussion and to help objectify disagreements.
- Great Dates—A once a month opportunity for couples to enjoy a night out together, childcare provided, focusing on the enrichment topic provided.
- Marriage Encounter—A weekend focused on each other during which couples learn the single most important communication skill to enhance their marriage. The weekend is a positive, simple, common sense, private experience between husband and wife that revitalizes your marriage.
- Restoring Marriages—This ministry uses various programs, e.g. Reconciling God's Way, a 17-step program, and Retrovaille—a weekend retreat to assist couples experiencing significant trouble.
- Blended Families—Couples who have experienced success in blending separate families assist other couples.
- Natural Family Planning—A proven method of both understanding and being open to the sexuality of oneself and one's spouse which greatly enhances the intimacy of marriage.
- Marriage Mentors—Couples who have been married at least 15 years who have successfully weathered whatever problems life has brought during their marriage; who are willing to listen non-judgmentally to the problems other couples are experiencing; and share from the heart whatever techniques or solutions did or did not work for them.
- Divorce Support—This peer-to-peer ministry walks with individuals experiencing the devastating effects of separation and divorce and provides healing programs e.g. Divorce Care; Rebuilding; Just Me and the Kids.