A faith based comprehensive program to strengthen, support and restore marriages. Couple to couple mentors assist engaged and married couples.
Marriage Preparation—FOCCUS is an inventory of 150 questions in 15 different categories e.g. communication, finances, marriage as a covenant, spirituality to determine an engaged couples compatibility on these issues and to establish a good foundation for the Sacrament of Marriage. Info-Karin Alcock, x134, email@example.com.
Marriage Enrichment—Programs designed to enrich, support and strengthen marriages, including:
- RE-FOCCUS—Is an inventory of probing questions for an existing marriage to be used as an enrichment tool for discussion and to help objectify disagreements.
- Great Dates—A once a month opportunity for couples to enjoy a night out together, childcare provided, focusing on the enrichment topic provided.
- Marriage Encounter—A weekend focused on each other during which couples learn the single most important communication skill to enhance their marriage. The weekend is a positive, simple, common sense, private experience between husband and wife that revitalizes your marriage.
- Restoring Marriages—This ministry uses various programs, e.g. Reconciling God's Way, a 17-step program, and Retrovaille—a weekend retreat to assist couples experiencing significant trouble.
- Blended Families—Couples who have experienced success in blending separate families assist other couples.
- Natural Family Planning—A proven method of both understanding and being open to the sexuality of oneself and one's spouse which greatly enhances the intimacy of marriage.
- Marriage Mentors—Couples who have been married at least 15 years who have successfully weathered whatever problems life has brought during their marriage; who are willing to listen non-judgmentally to the problems other couples are experiencing; and share from the heart whatever techniques or solutions did or did not work for them.
Info-Karin Alcock, x134, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Divorce Support—This peer-to-peer ministry walks with individuals experiencing the devastating effects of separation and divorce and provides healing programs e.g. Divorce Care; Rebuilding; Just Me and the Kids. Info-Karin Alcock, x134, email@example.com.